How and why did you select your user name?

Starry

Starry, is short for Starry Eyed, (My name on most forums, though it ends up shortened to Starry, so I thought I may as well register with the shortened version) which I chose because I like star gazing, and I just like the phrase...

WhiskeyJack

I chose mine after a character from the series of books A Tale of the Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson.

The name sounded catchy :)

red_reagel

mine was supposed to be red_eagel, but somehow that sounded weird and I'm not at all like an eagel :oops:. So I just thought "red_reagel" sounded better and somewhat original. Quirky too.

Shattering_Images

I wanted one I wouldnt be recognised under if someone from one of the other sites I frequent should stumble accross this site *shifty eyes*

Shattering Images means destroying perceptions- Im interested, I suppose, in the idea that we are more than the ideal we project.

krisml24

Hello everyone! My name is Kristen, shortened to Kris in my username. ML is the first initials of my two cat's names, and the numbers are their ages. :)

My nick: sabbath is from Black Sabbath, 9 is from the The Beatles (aka The White Album) Revolution 9 (number 9 number 9 number 9), and 2001 was the year I stopped being paranoid about posting and started letting it all hang out. (sabbath92002 and sabbath92003 are to defy the seven post per day limit, shh don't tell anyone).

Danicha

My name Dan-icha is my first and last name put together I got it from my buddy who called me it a little while ago.. Its pronounced Danika. My first name is Danielle.. 8)

Shonen_Yo

Shonen means "young adult" in Japanese. It's often associated with immaturity and, you know, child-like behavior. I've felt my socially ineptitude has prevented me from growing-up. I'm very dependent! :oops:

"Yo" is actually a mistranslation on my part, I think: it's just a participle. 'Shonen" doesn't sound as cool, but I might change it.

verbatim

I wanted a name faster, so I looked up at the bookshelf and I saw an old box of an old floppy disk, on it I could read : Verbatim, data life,2hd.etc…the old floppy disc ,you know, so I said to myself ,here is my name…

Section_31

I named myself after the 3 hacker geeks from x-files :). Ive always been a mysanthrope who enjoys the company of computers more than people.

BleedTheFreak

My username is a song >__> Pretty unoriginal but I'm awful at thinking of clever names, or even just a name to represent myself. I like my name though because it can be seen as a reference to being bullied. Bleed the freak, draining the willpower of someone who is already down. To summarize the song, it's basically saying "I've been kicked around for so long now it's me against the world", that's how I interpreted it anyway. I wish I could expand further but I'm not smart enough.

I named myself after the 3 hacker geeks from x-files :). Ive always been a mysanthrope who enjoys the company of computers more than people.

I love The Lone Gunmen! Good choice.

Superfluous is my favorite word. When I was trying to come up with a twitter name, I wanted something that had a ring to it. Hence, superfluouslyme. Viola!

jojo77

well my user name jojo77 is a representation of the only two people in my life that truly love and accept me. Jojo is short for Jocelyn, which i my 5 month old daughters name. and the number 77 is her father, my boyfriend's, favorite number. :)

NewtoThis

NewtoThis is because this was really the first time I've ever signed up for any kind of internet site like this and also because no matter what I do or how long I've been doing it I always feel like I'm new to it.