women being "attracted" to "badboys"

Status
Not open for further replies.

this_portrait

I think the whole 'bad boy' persona is just plain stupid.

But then this is coming from someone who doesn't exactly consider herself to be a 'good girl' (unless the topic of sex is mentioned). I guess I'm more attracted to guys who are more mature and calm because it balances out my anger and bitchiness.

Felgen

Assholes are high on the human pecking order. Therefore, the opposite sex is attracted to them. The media tells us that bad guys are "cool", combined with great social skills, this is what places them high on the human pecking order. I also know several people who aren't assholes who are popular because of their soscial skills.

Money, fame, popularity and so on will also place a person high on the pecking order. If you're high on the pecking order, you can look like Kim Jong-Il and still get laid. If you're low on the pecking order, you can look like Brad Pitt and still die a virgin.

NormanBates

The bad ones looks sinister and the good ones look nice. It's simple. But sometimes a good one can be sinister . They're probably liked because of their aura of darkness and the girl who is so sad on the inside wants to pick something that matches how she feels ..
and like everything else she's picked lately, it probably just ends up abusing her. how sad how true how familiar. boo hoo oh boo hoo hoo

Pookah

I'm going to have to say that at least to me a masculine male is preferable but by no means does this make it a preference for assholes. Maleness is attractive, because I'm heterosexual. I can't help that. :) You might not be interested in a masculine female I'm assuming?

I think what I'm trying to say is that some might go for badboy/jerks but I think women just want to feel in a small way protected by the male gender role. Masculine yet sensitive if that exists. :p No wimps and no assholes. There is a large variation of types within those parameters.

**** badboys!! Theyre STUPID!!!

Seriously, how do you know whos a badboy or not? From my experience most of them are wannabes. REAL badboys are in jail, and if people like those losers, be my guest.

The badboy style is ****en stupid. Its either theyre losers in jail or ****en fakes trying to act tough. Seriously, men like this need to grow the **** up and be a man.

Last edited:

Flowers-Of-Bloom

I dislike "bad" boys and I am a female. Does this make me alien to the rest of the female population?
I think this stereotype emerged from females being attracted to "danger" or "excitement." It's more of a sexual attraction rather than anything long term or serious.

I don't like "good" boys either. I hardly think there are good or bad boys. Seeing things in absolutes, was never a good thing.

This may/may not relate to the topic, but when watching or reading a story, I always had a stronger understanding of the villain. The hero was a nuisance. The hero was weak, and boring. He was restricted. His actions were predictable. Ultimately, he was unrealistic.

Illusions

Women like bad boys because of the idea of fun, danger and excitement. At the same time they relate good boys to being boring.

Personally I don't really feel attracted to bad boys but the same applies to good boys as well. Somewhere in between would be best, I guess. To say that all women like bad boys is a generalisation. :)

Fighter86

On my conscious mind, I dislike bad boys, but am inadvertently attracted to them, I've been attracted to 2 so far, and its terrible because I know I wouldn't stand a chance with them because I'm way too ordinary looking for them, and chubby too. Besides, we lead such different life styles so things wouldn't work out between us. I don't even know why I'm attracted to them, probably their personality? But having said that, women are attracted to many different types of boys, not all like or prefer bad boys.

no1

Banned
because women cannot tell the difference between pure evil, wrong, and strength, character, etc.

They talk of how women want a masculine man but they seem to associate masculinity and and strength with VIOLENCE AGAINST OUR OWN KIND. They also seem to associate excitement with drama. it is 'cool' to be 'bad'. this only confuses people. it is cool to be a person who fights for good. nothing else. simply using the terms 'badboy', etc. is bound to cause confusion because there is a million and one interpretations of the word 'badboy'.

How are we supposed to evolve if we are always competing against each other and starting wars for nothing? IN the long run we will just wipe ourselves off the planet.

How is VIOLENCE supposed to ensure the survival of our species? Especially violence against our own kind.

It's good to be strong, and use that for defense. But simply being an asshole, and a plain evil person whose bent on destroying our own kind, is a COMPLETELY different story.

Don't mix the two. A person who is sinister because he preys on the weak and goes against his own kind is NOT the same as a person who is strong in character and does good.

A person who is only strong on the outside yet weak on the inside is just as weak if not moreso in the long run of a person with inner strength and character.

The men and women who keep defending the 'badboy' only serve to point themselves and well as others toward destruction because we are not to be defending the "badboy", that is simply A WORD that has many interpretations. It's not even a real thing.

A woman matures when she knows what she wants. We as humans are to ensure the survival of our species right? So do so without complicating things. The human race has more chances of survival if we stick together and ensure the propagation of life if it sees fit. Not unnecessarily competing against each other.

Who are we supposed to be defending against? each other? Why are we evolving? For higher ideals or for fear of each other?

Last edited:

no1

Banned
I guess humans have a lot of growing up to do first, and end the manslaughter than to think about "love" and "propagation".

If this topic title replaced badboys with 'strong men' this thread would be a lot different. It seems not many people can see that the reason I didn't do that was because that's not something I want to adress.. because there's nothing wrong with strength in men.

Last edited:

no1

Banned
Yuo guys want to know another thing?

The media plays on the 'good guy vs badboy' conflict to make money off of desperate people. That's why there are all sorts of pick up artist communities out there that sell this idea but it's flawed. Many resentful men talking about how women only like badboys, and propagating the idea that women actually DO like bad men, because humans have been easy to mislead.

Now since these ideas have become mainstream, once again it is now "cool" and in fact "GOOD" to be "BAD", ever since the beginning of these ideas in our media.

and on and on and on. people playing with the good vs bad concept. only end up putting themselves on a heart wrecking merry go round going nowhere. Why can't we simply stop using the concepts of good and bad? Because people keep thinking within these parameters to defend bad when in actuality it's relative.But people continue to defend and propogate "evil" against "good".

Last edited:

Pookah

No1 seriously it isn't a conspiracy. Not all women want "bad boys." Those who end up with them are either so down on themselves they just want anyone to want them or are the types that are "bad girls." It seems to me I could say you "good guys" are attracted to those slutty sexy girls and wonder why they won't get with you but hey you aren't looking to get with the "good girls" are you?

In the end it is all more complicated than this. Individuals are attracted to other individuals with similar likes and dislikes. What is wrong with admiring masculinity in a MALE? Lol. I also like intelligence, humor, eccentricity, sensitivity.

fedupoffear88

I'm a guy who is in the middle of being completely bad or good. But tend to act more good and nice many times, and that makes a girl lose interest in me sometimes, and that Annoys me like crazy. Also when i c a very pretty girl with a total asshole and a failure,a wannabe tough guy in other words that pisses me off.:mad:

Flowers-Of-Bloom

I can't speak for women, because I'm so detached from my own gender role, but I agree with what you're saying, completely, no1.

On another level; the badboy stereotype is represented as the 'height' of masculinity. If we look at the traits associated with 'badboy' it encompasses a lot of, if not all the traits of the stereotypical manly man. (Supposedly it all results from high levels of testosterone, aka; masculinity).
But this is not what it means to be a man; it's an ideal created by society.

no1

Banned
I can't speak for women, because I'm so detached from my own gender role, but I agree with what you're saying, completely, no1.

On another level; the badboy stereotype is represented as the 'height' of masculinity. If we look at the traits associated with 'badboy' it encompasses a lot of, if not all the traits of the stereotypical manly man. (Supposedly it all results from high levels of testosterone, aka; masculinity).
But this is not what it means to be a man; it's an ideal created by society.

Yea... perhaps this is associated with excessive testosterone? Maybe it doesn't even have to do with excessive testosterone at all but a lacking.. and let us not forget we all have estrogen also.
or it may have nothing to do with any of these chemicals.

Last edited:

Cynic

How is VIOLENCE supposed to ensure the survival of our species?
It is supposed to ensure the survival of the FITTEST among the species.

It's good to be strong, and use that for defense. But simply being an asshole, and a plain evil person whose bent on destroying our own kind, is a COMPLETELY different story.

Don't mix the two. A person who is sinister because he preys on the weak and goes against his own kind is NOT the same as a person who is strong in character and does good.
A strong person who preys on the weak IS helping his own kind. The weak are eliminated so the stronger can thrive, or they their bullying of the weaker somehow benifits the superior members of the tribe. That has always been the way of things.

This topic should die. We are overanalyzing this too much.

Badboy doesnt equal tough. Its a bullshit image pretending to be tough. You know what? I bet theres a gay man out there who can **** everyone up. And gays are viewed as weak.

Seriosuly though, its really stupid. In my experience most "badboys" have been pussies. Who cares if some girls like them, in my opinion the girls are ****ing stupid too for even wanting a loser.

Put it to rest already, stop overanalyzing this cause theres no need to. No need to go in to how they are superior of the human race. This makes me wanna ****ing laugh so hard.

Badboy image is juts that, an "image". Its fake just like alot of other images out there.

no1

Banned
It is supposed to ensure the survival of the FITTEST among the species.

A strong person who preys on the weak IS helping his own kind. The weak are eliminated so the stronger can thrive, or they their bullying of the weaker somehow benifits the superior members of the tribe. That has always been the way of things.

That is an unenlightened way of viewing things.

Yea.. survival of the fittest between different species but between OURSELVES?

Just because other animals do something doesn't mean all have to. Besides the majority of humanity aren't even conscious of our own nature, so how is it we can then predetermine it?

The weak are only weaker for the time being, but they can become stronger.

You're philosophy is basically like people do when they run away from problems and hoping that they will go away.. Like genocide of anyone who is considered "weak".

And besides do you make fun of wheelchair bound people?

The reason this topic stays is because people keep believing in lies, and it should be addressed. And as long as the media exists and cultures that keep believing int his crap, and nobody does anything about it the more people will buy into these lies, because such lies only propagate more of the same and thus more money is made.. but at the same time there is a huge gap between the rich and the poor. Why? to keep the rich richer and the poor, poorer. Eventually both classes will destroy each other because of greed if no one realizes what is happening.

And for every guy who keeps thinking the same there will probably be another unwary group of guys or girls who will buy into this because they don't know any better and fail to think deeper.. until it is too late.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.